Infrared building inspection is a beneficial service that can help the customer find or diagnose issues with the building in question. Thermal imaging uses infrared as an advanced non-destructive technology that allows a technician to show the customer issues with their building that no one can see with conventional inspection methods.
Infrared inspections and surveys are increasingly requested for residential, industrial and commercial applications. These inspections utilize the same technology found in military, aerospace, and medical applications. Infrared thermal inspections have assisted home owners, real estate investors, potential home buyers, commercial properties, industrial preventive maintenance, building management firms, and commercial management firms.
In the private sector analysis of residential properties, general contractors, renovators, home inspectors, real estate specialists, home builders, and home improvement specialists.
Thermal infrared inspections are exceedingly important for any region due to changes climate and seasonal conditions. At some point in time, everyone becomes affected by high energy costs; an infrared inspection can assist with environmental and building concerns and significantly reduce damage and repair costs associated with them.
An infrared inspection can identify and document the following issues:
- Electrical faults before they cause a fire
- Overloaded and undersized circuits
- Circuit breakers in need of immediate replacement
- Missing, damaged, and/or wet insulation
- Heat loss and air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors
- Water and moisture intrusion that could lead to mold
- Possible pest infestation
- Hidden roof leaks, before they cause serious damage
- Air conditioner compressor leaks
- Under fastening and/or missing framing members
- Structural defects
- Broken seals in double pane windows
- Energy loss and efficiency
- Dangerous flue leaks
- Damaged and/or malfunctioning radiant heating systems
- Unknown plumbing leaks
- Overheated equipment